If you want to increase the wireless range of your main WiFi router, then you should configure a Netgear WiFi range extender via mywifiext (local web address) with it.
Once the new extender setup process is successfully completed you will get a consistent WiFi signal everywhere in your home. But, to install and configure a Netgear wireless range extender with your main WiFi router, you have to plug them in closer to each other so that you don’t face any error in setting up your device.
- One way is using the web-browser setup which can also be done by following the setup instructions given on Netgear extender manual guide.
- And another way of setting up the device is to use the WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) method.
Mywifiext.net setup page: Begin the setup process of Netgear WiFi range extender
To begin with the web-browser setup process, you need to do the following.
Connect your computer or laptop to the Netgear WiFi range extender using WiFi or wired Ethernet connection.
- In a wired connection, you need to connect your Netgear extender to the computer or laptop using an Ethernet wire/cable.
- In a WiFi/wireless connection, you need to connect your device to the Netgear extender’s default network name ‘Netgear_Ext’.
Once done, proceed with the following procedure.
- Open a web browser on your connected device navigate to mywifiext.net login and setup page by typing mywifiext web address into the address bar field of your preferred internet/web browser.
- Locate the new extender setup button and hit on it.
- Complete the fields on the ‘Netgear Genie’ ‘Create Account’ page.
- Once done, please click on the Next button.
- Select your key router’s WiFi name to extend and after that, click on next.
- Enter your router’s password into the password field. Click on the next once done.
- Also, set the SSID and password for your Netgear range extender and click on next after that.
- Connect your WiFi-enable devices to the extender’s network and click on continue.
- Finally, when the registration page displays – complete all the registration fields carefully and click on Finish to complete the setup and installation process of your WiFi range extender.
Fix mywifiext not working issues
- Try to log in from a different web browser.
- The URL, mywifiext you are using should be entered correctly.
- Also, ensure that the web address isn’t typed in the search bar.
- Be certain that you have the right URL.
- Make sure that your computer or laptop is connected to the Netgear range extender properly (wired or wirelessly).
- Ensure that your Netgear range extender is plugged in the same room as of your key router.
- Also, be certain to clear the browsing history, cache, and malicious files from your PC or laptop.
- Use 192.168.1.250 instead of the URL.
- Restart your device if needed.
Resetting your Netgear WiFi range extender is the last option
If none of the aforementioned methods works, then the only option left is to hard reset your Netgear range extender back to factory defaults.
Remember that this process will delete all the settings made by you from your range extender. To reset your Netgear device, you have to take a paper pin or any thin object and insert that object or pin into the reset hole (mostly on the left side).
Press and hold the reset hole carefully and gently for about 7 to 10 seconds. As soon as all the LED lights on your Netgear wireless range extender start flashing, release the factory reset hole.
It will take up to 1-2 minutes to apply the entire settings. After that, relaunch a web browser and again visit mywifiext. This time it will definitely take you to the setup and login page without any issue.