In this particular post, we will explain you – how to reset Netgear WiFi range extender. Many issues related with your Netgear range extender can be solved by a simple factory reset process.
Prior to resetting your Netgear extender, let us tell you why you should reset it and how it will help you. Read on.
- Is your range extender stopped working suddenly?
- Do you see amber or orange light blinking on your Netgear WiFi range extender?
- Do you want to reset the WiFi password and the settings of your Netgear extender?
- Cannot access mywifiext for the new extender setup process?
Ask yourself the questions mentioned above and if your answer is in Yes then you are going to fix it today without any hassle. Keep scrolling down.
There are 2 simple ways for the Netgear extender reset process.
- Hard Reset.
- Soft Reset.
The most common mistake made by many people while resetting their Netgear WiFi range extender is they perform the reset process when the range extender is turned off. So, to prevent any issue during the reset process you have to make sure that your range extender is properly plugged into a wall socket.
- Locate the factory reset hole on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Use a paper clip or pin and insert it carefully into the reset hole of your WiFi range extender.
- Hold the reset hole on your range extender for a few seconds or until the power LED light on your Netgear extender starts blinking.
- Now, wait for a few minutes for your range extender to reboot properly.
Congratulations! You have successfully reset your Netgear range extender back to its factory default values. You can now set up your extender by visiting the mywifiext.net login page.
In order to soft reset your Netgear WiFi range extender, you need a computer or laptop and an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your Netgear WiFi extender into power.
- Make sure to place your existing WiFi router and your Netgear extender in reach of each other.
- Grab a computer or laptop.
- Open a web browser and type mywifiext.com or the default IP address of your Netgear extender i.e. 192.168.1.250 into the address bar.
- Enter the default login credentials.
- Click on the Menu icon.
- The extender menu will be displayed.
- Click on Settings – select Other and at last, choose the Reset option.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Simply Confirm your decision.
Your Netgear extender resets successfully.
We hope that this post has helped you to troubleshoot the problems related to your Netgear WiFi range extender. If you need any assistance, please let us know.
Simply dial our phone number and ask for Netgear extender support. We are the service provider of Netgear and provide support for all Netgear devices.